Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

GUBBO ? Me ? GUBidding

#1 User is offline   virgosrock 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2018-June-15, 07:48

i have 18 GUBBO showing 16-22. what to do after 3H ? GUBBO does NOT have 16-22.
What would you do?

#2 User is offline   virgosrock 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-June-16, 15:15

View Postvirgosrock, on 2018-June-15, 07:48, said:

i have 18 GUBBO showing 16-22. what to do after 3H ? GUBBO does NOT have 16-22.
What would you do?

Thoughts?

#3 User is offline   Stephen Tu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2018-June-16, 15:47

Well it technically has 16 by counting the void in your suit. Of course this is hopeless and we've been complaining about it forever.
Then there are other issues like- why the hell does it never want to rebid spades- what is the purpose of 3H, to me it should be like some 5224 shape, 3nt grope.
- why should 4nt agree hearts (yeah last bid suit, and in general gib likes to play 4nt as rkc for that suit, but 3h shouldn't show hearts and diamond bidder can't possibly have 5 cd hearts)
Basically it's complicated and there are lots of things to teach the bot, it doesn't have "common sense" and is unable to infer these things on its own, just blindly follows whatever existing rules it has. The problem is so much of bridge is using same bids for vastly different meanings depending on context of previous auction, so it's hard to put in enough rules to cover all the cases.

#4 User is offline   virgosrock 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-June-16, 17:05

View PostStephen Tu, on 2018-June-16, 15:47, said:

Well it technically has 16 by counting the void in your suit. Of course this is hopeless and we've been complaining about it forever.
Then there are other issues like- why the hell does it never want to rebid spades- what is the purpose of 3H, to me it should be like some 5224 shape, 3nt grope.
- why should 4nt agree hearts (yeah last bid suit, and in general gib likes to play 4nt as rkc for that suit, but 3h shouldn't show hearts and diamond bidder can't possibly have 5 cd hearts)
Basically it's complicated and there are lots of things to teach the bot, it doesn't have "common sense" and is unable to infer these things on its own, just blindly follows whatever existing rules it has. The problem is so much of bridge is using same bids for vastly different meanings depending on context of previous auction, so it's hard to put in enough rules to cover all the cases.

well said Mr. Tu. I RKC-ed hoping to find it with KQ of hearts and somehow subside. A unilateral jump to 6 NT did not seem right. And, yes, was even hoping to hear 5D so I could pass. LOL

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users