BBO Discussion Forums: Bridge the Gap - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bridge the Gap Want Helgemo for a team mate?

#1 User is offline   tihana 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2016-March-18, 06:49

Dear friend, let me inform you about an extraordinary bridge event where every club pair will be teamed with world best players !

It will be a simultaneous event where players in clubs around the world will play matches with the same set of pre-dealt boards. Then later those very same boards will be played by two world-class pairs on BBO. Each pair playing at the club level will be “teamed” with one of the top pairs playing on BBO. Thus every pair in your clubs will, in effect, be playing a match with superstar teammates (like Helgemo, Auken, Welland, Bessis, Versace, cem Tokay, Gromov, Klukowski or Zia). Not only will club players have star team-mates, but they will also be able to watch their performance (live, on BBO) on the boards they've just played.

Web: www.bridgethegap2016.info

Dates:
• Tournaments will be played every day from 11th to 15th April (5 days)
• You can play one or more days. Every match is scored separately.
• You can play at any time you like (morning, afternoon, evening)

Format:
• 2 matches per day, 12 boards per match, versus two different pairs, IMP scoring
• every night, two different expert pairs will play on BBO, so in total we will have 10 expert pairs (every two expert pairs will play one night, 2 matches)

Where:
• You play in your club (any club in the world can join), Experts play on BBO (so you can kibitz them)

Who will I play against?
On any given day, you will play predealt boards against two other pairs in your club (1st match against one pair, 2nd match against some other pair). Clubs will try to arrange that pairs of similar strength are opposing each other. For the second match you will change position (EW/NS).You don't make any comparison, but just write down the results.

Who are my team-mates?
Same night (about midnight), 2 expert pairs will play the same boards online on BBO. You will be in the team with one of them, and your club opponents with the other. You will play one match with one of the superstar pairs as your team-mates, and the other match with the other world-class pair.

Results: You can score your match while watching your team-mates pay on BBO, and final results will be published on www.bridgethegap2016.info site.

Prizes: Although this event is not about prizes, we try to provide some nice special gifts for best pairs. We hope that these gifts will attract even more pairs to join. Organizations, federations, clubs and individuals are invited to donate their products or services to be used as prizes for this event. In this way you can promote your product or service, and help promotion of the event in the same time.

Why? With this event we will be raising money for student bridge teams to participate in the European Universities Sport Games to be held in July 2016. Therefore we suggest a donation of €10 per player per day to participate in this event. However, it is on the club manager to decide. Although the direct purpose of the event is to raise money for student teams, it is our intention to connect players around the world, professionals and amateurs, old and young... to bridge the gap. Therefore we don't want that any country, any club or any player gives up this opportunity because of money issues.

Hereby I invite you to join, promote and support Bridge-the-Gap event!

#2 User is offline   Cyberyeti 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2016-March-18, 07:03

This is a lovely idea, but I can't think of any club I know in the local area that could organise this sort of thing at this kind of notice, they play on fixed days with competitions earmarked for particular weeks. You would need to get the publicity out a year in advance for them to participate.

#3 User is offline   tihana 

• Pip

Posted 2016-March-18, 12:16

Thanks Cyberyeti for your answer.

I think it really varies from club to club...In many clubs, there are many informal club games that could be replaced with such event while some clubs can organize this event on a day when club is normally closed.

So, I hope many clubs would join!

#4 User is offline   Cyberyeti 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2016-March-20, 14:55

tihana, on 2016-March-18, 12:16, said:

Thanks Cyberyeti for your answer.

I think it really varies from club to club...In many clubs, there are many informal club games that could be replaced with such event while some clubs can organize this event on a day when club is normally closed.

So, I hope many clubs would join!

Yes, where I am, no clubs have their own premises which is why we can't do this although we're hoping to fix this some time soon.

PS If you're the Tihana that organises Pula, that's a great fun congress.

#5 User is offline   tihana 

• Pip

Posted 2016-March-27, 07:38

Cyberyeti, on 2016-March-20, 14:55, said:

Yes, where I am, no clubs have their own premises which is why we can't do this although we're hoping to fix this some time soon.

PS If you're the Tihana that organises Pula, that's a great fun congress.

Yes, I am the one :), thank you!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users