Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Barred for spamming

#1 User is offline   _beenie 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2014-May-15, 22:07

I tried to play a tourny with rexj form jamaica. I had bben told that with 1 minute to go, i night be able to play with him, if i tried to invite him with less than a minute to go. after the thirf try, I was 'barred'. I've played with him in tourny before. rexj is the president of the jamaica bridge association and a international player.

If I had been told that I would be barred for spamming, I would not have tried after the first time. I have been a player on bbo from its inception, and I would never knowingly 'spam'.

Thanking you for your immediate attention to this matter,
Sincerely Yours,
Karl Lee
bbo nick : _beenie

#2 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2014-May-16, 00:55

Hi Karl,

The anti-spam filter is meant to block players from bombarding others with invitations. Sometimes it affects honest players too, which is not intentional. You can avoid it by sending ONE invitation then waiting until your partner accepts. There's no need to click the invite button several times. When your pd gets there, he gets there - and he can accept or reject even if it's only one invite.

The ban expires in a few minutes.

#3 User is offline   broze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-May-16, 03:07

Once I was actually bombarded with invitations in this way. I just made the person an "enemy" and that stopped it. However he had sent me about 20 invites by the time I managed to do it. Is this filter something that has been brought in recently then?
'In an infinite universe, the one thing sentient life cannot afford to have is a sense of proportion.' - Douglas Adams

#4 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2014-May-16, 03:12

View Postbroze, on 2014-May-16, 03:07, said:

Once I was actually bombarded with invitations in this way. I just made the person an "enemy" and that stopped it. However he had sent me about 20 invites by the time I managed to do it. Is this filter something that has been brought in recently then?

No, it' been around for a while. Sept 2012 or so:

http://webutil.bridg...tch.php?id=1380

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

5 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users