Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

cannot get onto bbo

#1 User is offline   cuckoo5 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2014-May-15, 14:26

i am unable to get onto BBO... is anyone else having same problem (14 & 15 May from approx 20:00 GMT).i am wondering if it has something to do with overload on BBO, due to USA Team Vugraph? Can anyone help me please! Many thanks

#2 User is offline   inquiry 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Bridge, what else?

Posted 2014-May-15, 19:09

cuckoo5, on 2014-May-15, 14:26, said:

i am unable to get onto BBO... is anyone else having same problem (14 & 15 May from approx 20:00 GMT).i am wondering if it has something to do with overload on BBO, due to USA Team Vugraph? Can anyone help me please! Many thanks

Are you using the netbridgevu program (thing with little diamond jack as icon) or do you go to www.bridgebase.com and click "play bridge now" and use the flash player when you are trying to log in?
--Ben--

#3 User is offline   cuckoo5 

• PipPip

Posted 2014-May-16, 07:59

Hi Inquiry

I am the world's worst on a computer! So I hope you can help me!
I can sign into BBO OK, but once I get onto the homepage, nothing works. If I click on a 'friend', the profile doesn't appear...a msg saying 'searching' appears, and then I get disconnected. If I try to play Solitaire Bridge from home page, it takes me to a hand, but theres' 'no action'! Similarly, when I click on Vugraph.... it takes me to the Vugraph screen, but this only shows the tables, with players names,,,,, and ALL tables show 0 kibs. Seems like my computer cannot access any 'live' info. I can read the news articles from 1st page.

Please can someone help me!!
Many thanks
Deb

#4 User is offline   cuckoo5 

• PipPip

Posted 2014-May-16, 08:01

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I go onto BBO via www.bridgebase.com, and my browser is Chrome
Thanks

#5 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-May-16, 09:09

When you get logged in, how many bars do you have in the top right corner? This sounds like you just have a poor connection. Connectivity between the US and South Africa may not be that good, there's not a whole lot we can do about that.

#6 User is offline   inquiry 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge, what else?

Posted 2014-May-16, 09:33

barmar, on 2014-May-16, 09:09, said:

When you get logged in, how many bars do you have in the top right corner? This sounds like you just have a poor connection. Connectivity between the US and South Africa may not be that good, there's not a whole lot we can do about that.

The bars are shown in the following image circled in red. The more bars, the better your connection.
Posted Image
--Ben--

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users