BBO Discussion Forums: playing bridge game with generator 29 - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

playing bridge game with generator 29 How to make

#1 User is offline   lxt08 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2013-July-26, 17:36

hi all

I BBO ID lxt08

N lead HK

Declare how to make?

#2 User is offline   RGranville 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2013-August-24, 06:51

I almost certainly need K and AQ onside. I can't even see any realistic extra chances on an elimination. I win with A and run Q. If trumps are 2-1 I win the second round in dummy and immediately play a diamond to J. If this holds, I re-enter dummy in trumps and play another diamond. If trumps are 3-0 onside, then I'll need to broach diamonds before drawing trumps.

I don't like the 3 bid, while going on to 4 is even worse.

#3 User is offline   nige1 

• 5-level belongs to me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Poems Computers

Posted 2013-August-24, 19:37

View Postlxt08, on 2013-July-26, 17:36, said:

N lead HK

Another possible line: Win A. Finesse and draw trumps, (assumed 2-1). Lead another and ruff the probable continuation. Play A and another. Ruff the probable continuation. Cross to dummy in trumps and lead a and judge what to do from what high cards each opponent has played, so far. For example, you may decide to go up K and play LHO for Q singleton or doubleton.

The bidding is brave but game prospects would improve if the partnership held J or 9.

This post has been edited by nige1: 2013-August-25, 13:00

#4 User is offline   RGranville 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2013-August-25, 01:48

View Postnige1, on 2013-August-24, 19:37, said:

Another possible line: Win A and lead another. Ruff the probable continuation. Play A and another. Ruff the probable continuation. Finesse and draw trumps, ending in dummy. Lead a and judge what to do from what high cards each opponent has played, so far. For example, you may decide to go up K and play LHO for Q singleton or doubleton.

The bidding is brave but game prospects would improve if the partnership held J or 9.

I did consider this, but didn't want to go down if North started with Kx and a singleton diamond. With that holding and strong holdings in the other suits he might not have led his singleton at trick 1.

#5 User is offline   nige1 

• 5-level belongs to me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Poems Computers

Posted 2013-August-25, 12:59

View PostRGranville, on 2013-August-25, 01:48, said:

I did consider this, but didn't want to go down if North started with Kx and a singleton diamond. With that holding and strong holdings in the other suits he might not have led his singleton at trick 1.
RGranville is right and I've amended my original suggestion, to draw trumps first. Although you may have to guess RHO's shape in the ending, I think the end-play possibilities on LHO are adequate compensation (e.g. LHO may have doubeton KQ).

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users