• You cannot reply to this topic

Missed a grand How to bid this?

#21 User is offline   Zelandakh 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2012-July-30, 02:03

This post made no sense whatsoever. Does anyone really play that the auction:

(P) - 2 - (P) - 2
(3) - 4 shows both minors with longer clubs? What do you do with a hand that actually has diamonds?

Secondly, after the auction:
(P) - 2 - (P) - 3NT (= AAK)
(4) - 7, why can partner not hold A and A? Good luck explaining to team-mates how you managed to bring back -50 missing the trump ace. "Modified Norman" is indeed the answer here, but not to the question of what might be a good system to play over 2.

Sorry pirate, I know you like to troll by writing rubbish but this is bad even for you.
(-: Zel :-)

#22 User is offline   chasetb 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2012-July-30, 23:04

EDIT - Double post, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
"It's not enough to win the tricks that belong to you. Try also for some that belong to the opponents."

"Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make them all yourself."

"One advantage of bad bidding is that you get practice at playing atrocious contracts."

-Alfred Sheinwold

#23 User is offline   chasetb 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-July-30, 23:07

View PostZelandakh, on 2012-July-30, 02:03, said:

This post made no sense whatsoever. Does anyone really play that the auction:

(P) - 2 - (P) - 2
(3) - 4 shows both minors with longer clubs? What do you do with a hand that actually has diamonds?

First, if you play a Strong 2 in addition to Strong 2 you can set it as that. I don't, but if I played a serious 2/1 partnership, I would lobby like crazy for a 3-way 2 - GF balanced, strong hands with primarily Diamonds, and GF 4441 hands. Forget about that though, this is the time to whip out a 3NT Opening asking for Aces. Then you can get this auction (via Mbodell): 3NT - 5 (promises A and A, no other Aces) - 7. http://www.bridgebas...83-3n-for-aces/
"It's not enough to win the tricks that belong to you. Try also for some that belong to the opponents."

"Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make them all yourself."

"One advantage of bad bidding is that you get practice at playing atrocious contracts."

-Alfred Sheinwold

#24 User is offline   Quantumcat 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Archery, classical guitar, piano, watercolour painting, programming, french

Posted 2012-July-31, 00:07

If you used an opening 3NT to ask for specific aces, you'll get to the right spot (assuming the little diamond isn't an issue - hopefully pard has a couple so it is a long trick, or he has a shortage and a couple of trumps, or he has the jack, or the jack luckily falls):

- if pard bids 4 - you bid 5 (no aces)
- if pard bids 4 - you bid 5
- if pard bids 4 - you bid 6
- if pard bids 5 - you bid 6 (ace of clubs)
- if pard bids 4NT showing two non-touching aces, this must be hearts and clubs so you bid 6.
- if pard bids 5 showing heart and spade aces, you bid 6
- if pard bids 5 showing spade and club aces, you bid 7
- if pard bids 5NT showing 3 aces, you bid 7NT (ace of hearts being a discard for the little diamond).
I Transfers

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users