BBO Discussion Forums: Automated Tournament Incorrect Adjustment when Time Runs Out - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Automated Tournament Incorrect Adjustment when Time Runs Out

#1 User is offline   criptik 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2024-February-21, 20:39

My partner and I were playing in an automated tournament and time ran out on one hand with about 3 cards left. I had the rest of the tricks, which would have resulted in making the contract but the automatic adjustment gave us down 1. In this tournament there is no director to call. How do I complain about this, or at least point out the hand to someone as a case of the automatic adjustment software having a problem?

#2 User is offline   peterb001 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2024-February-27, 14:14

We use the automatic adjustment on our weekly tournament, and I've not seen a problem with it yet.
If you had provided enough details for anyone to look at it, I would think you would have got some responses.

#3 User is online   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2024-February-27, 15:32

I assume this was the hand: https://www.bridgeba...7017-1708566001

Unfortunately you've fallen foul of one of GIB's bugs; the automatic adjustment is based on a GIB robot playing out the hand for you.

With North opening a weak 2 and already showing up with 10 HCP, it decided South was guaranteed to hold the Q, and took a completely unnecessary finesse instead of cashing the top tricks, with its algorithm unable to tell there was a difference between those two lines.

There isn't much you can do about this, though Lorand has suggested he may be fixing this at some point..

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users