BBO Discussion Forums: Real Briidge Daylong Tournaments - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Real Briidge Daylong Tournaments Daylongs without best hand.

#1 User is offline   gjfeldman 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2023-December-23, 19:24

I have now played a couple of ACBL Non-Life-Master New Year's Robot Daylong tournaments and have found them a burst of fresh air. These tournaments are real bridge, not best hand, but retain human declare. They are also using the relatively simple Yellow Card biding in place of the sometimees convoluted and unclear GIB conventions. I am not suggesting retiring other daylong tournaments, but I think BBO and ACBL should consider making them a daily alternative.

#2 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2023-December-25, 07:34

View Postgjfeldman, on 2023-December-23, 19:24, said:

I have now played a couple of ACBL Non-Life-Master New Year's Robot Daylong tournaments and have found them a burst of fresh air. These tournaments are real bridge, not best hand, but retain human declare. They are also using the relatively simple Yellow Card biding in place of the sometimees convoluted and unclear GIB conventions. I am not suggesting retiring other daylong tournaments, but I think BBO and ACBL should consider making them a daily alternative.

Thanks for the feedback. We were planning to run a survey at the end of the New Year's Festival and see if players liked these enough to be worth adding to the daily schedule.

Looks like the NLM got a +1 already :)

Glad you like them.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users