BBO Discussion Forums: Could the web client play a sound when it disconnects? - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Could the web client play a sound when it disconnects?

#1 User is offline   Fluffy 

• World International Master without a clue
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2023-October-04, 10:15

The client seems to have the habit of diconnecting me if I am on a different tab, apparently I need to stay on the tab while waiting 5 minutes for the next round, I can't browse the internet, or else it will disconnect and then I will be replaced at the start of the next round while I am unaware it started.

#2 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2023-October-04, 14:37

View PostFluffy, on 2023-October-04, 10:15, said:

The client seems to have the habit of diconnecting me if I am on a different tab, apparently I need to stay on the tab while waiting 5 minutes for the next round, I can't browse the internet, or else it will disconnect and then I will be replaced at the start of the next round while I am unaware it started.

The important problem of disconnection when on a different tab has been repeatedly reported here, with no convincing reply.
There was a recent mod in Chrome (which is also Edge) to free up memory from "unused" tabs by default, but this does not seem directly related as disabling it in the settings of Chrome does not fix the problem.

I doubt that BBO is intentionally disconnecting the tab - if so the fix would be to stop doing this rather than play a sound :)
More likely it loses connection with the tab for some reason (or mistakenly thinks it has done so).

#3 User is offline   P_Marlowe 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2023-October-05, 03:03

What you could try, do your browsing in a seperate Browser, ..., different Browser.

I am not sure, but the disconnect may be due to browser activities, and in this case an browser app cannot do much.

With kind regards
Marlowe
With kind regards
Uwe Gebhardt (P_Marlowe)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users