Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Getting booted from BBO

#1 User is offline   timouthy 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2023-February-27, 19:57

I would like to know a couple of things.

1. I assume tourney directors can remove unruly players from a tourney but can they remove them from BBO as well and, if so, for what reasons? On more than one occasion I have been disconnected from BBO for no reason, and assumed it was just a bad BBO connection. It seemed to always happen when I filled in as sub in a tourney for just a hand or two. Does any or all of the above apply to team match "directors" as well?

2. Who besides yourself can have access to the notes you keep on the profile windows of other BBO players? Specifically can the directors see these notes?

Grazie,

Timouthy

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2023-March-01, 15:05

View Posttimouthy, on 2023-February-27, 19:57, said:

I would like to know a couple of things.

1. I assume tourney directors can remove unruly players from a tourney but can they remove them from BBO as well and, if so, for what reasons? On more than one occasion I have been disconnected from BBO for no reason, and assumed it was just a bad BBO connection. It seemed to always happen when I filled in as sub in a tourney for just a hand or two. Does any or all of the above apply to team match "directors" as well?

2. Who besides yourself can have access to the notes you keep on the profile windows of other BBO players? Specifically can the directors see these notes?

Grazie,

Timouthy

1. No. Only yellows (aka hosts) can remove people from BBO.

2. No, directors can't see this. BBO internal staff can get it from the database, but it's not a routine activity that non-technical staff can do.

#3 User is offline   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2023-March-01, 16:04

View Postbarmar, on 2023-March-01, 15:05, said:

1. No. Only yellows (aka hosts) can remove people from BBO.

Others have reported the same bug where people getting subbed out of a tournament also get booted out of BBO, so it seems this isn't strictly true, albeit unintentionally: https://www.bridgeba...hey-get-subbed/ . You might have misread it though since the only response was about chat logs.

#4 User is offline   pilowsky 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2023-March-01, 22:39

Yep - happens to me all the time.
Every time I sub and then the original player is reseated I get removed from BBO.
I asked the Director once if they had done it and they said no.
I think it started sometime in the past 12 months so it seems that there was some kind of bootthemoutgrade (accidentally) implemented in the app.
Non legit hoc

#5 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2023-March-02, 15:27

View Postbarmar, on 2023-March-01, 15:05, said:

2. No, directors can't see this. BBO internal staff can get it from the database, but it's not a routine activity that non-technical staff can do.

It might ruff their feathers if they were ever my opponents :)

#6 User is offline   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2023-March-26, 22:46

Recent post on BW about how someone was thinking about a hand, the opponents called the director upset about the slow play.. and suddenly they were disconnected from BBO and had to log back in to see they had been subbed.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users