BBO Discussion Forums: Robot reports - are they actually being used? - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Robot reports - are they actually being used?

#1 User is offline   helene_t 

• The Abbess
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2023-February-27, 07:15

I frequently submit a robot report (using the "export/send robot report" link) but I was wondering if those reports are actually being used.
The world would be such a happy place, if only everyone played Acol :) --- TramTicket

#2 User is offline   pilowsky 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2023-February-27, 16:59

I seem to recall a response some time ago along the lines of "stop bothering us - yes we look at the reports but there are hundreds of them etc".
It seems likely that BBO receives quite a lot of comments on the skill of its robots, but it might be soothing to all concerned if there was a monthly/semi-annual/even annual summary posted to this forum.
Something along the lines of:
1. In the past 6 months 2735 reports concerning (whatever) were received by BBO.
2. The most common reports concerned (...).
3. The developer team has made the following changes (...).

I get a weekly update from Google about 'improvements'.
It may not always be helpful but it might give users a warm fuzzy feeling in the cockles of our hearts.
Maybe even in the sub-cockle area.

Denis Leary said:

Folks, I'd like to sing a song about the American Dream
About me, about you
About the way our American hearts beat way down in the bottom of our chests
About that special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts
Maybe below the cockles
Maybe in the sub cockle area
Maybe in the liver, maybe in the kidneys
Maybe even in the colon, we don't know.

Non legit hoc

#3 User is offline   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2023-February-27, 17:05

BBO haven't said anything officially about GIB for many years, so you're unlikely to get an official response, but I can quote from a reliable source that "it's been a long time since someone actively monitored GIB reports".

#4 User is offline   helene_t 

• The Abbess
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2023-February-28, 03:05

Thanks both, so I wasted my time writing a few hundred robot reports.

It would have been helpful if they just disabled the feature once they stopped monitoring it.

Reminds me of my first job where I was put in charge of maintaning the customer complaint database. I told the IT boss that I couldn't find the output module. He replied: "We only received a request for storing the customer complaints, we were never asked to enable staff to read the complaints".
The world would be such a happy place, if only everyone played Acol :) --- TramTicket

#5 User is offline   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2023-March-01, 20:01

Robot bug reports are very useful in filling up disk drive space. I heard on the internet that full drives are more efficient. (for the record, that rumor doesn't sound remotely true and is contradicted by experts in the field). Filling in GIB bug reports is also much more fulfilling than banging on the keyboard or yelling a string of expletives.

#6 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2023-March-02, 14:03

View Postjohnu, on 2023-March-01, 20:01, said:

Robot bug reports are very useful in filling up disk drive space. I heard on the internet that full drives are more efficient. (for the record, that rumor doesn't sound remotely true and is contradicted by experts in the field). Filling in GIB bug reports is also much more fulfilling than banging on the keyboard or yelling a string of expletives.

Robot bug reports fill up almost no disk drive space, unfortunately, even when never read nor cancelled. Small or resized images do it slightly better, but apparently not enough for BBO who never enabled them for this forum.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users