Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

EDGAR has BBO ever acknowledge it.

#1 User is offline   pigpenz 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2023-February-13, 13:47

was looing on the site for things about EDGAR, haven't been able to find any info if
there has been anything on it trying to ferret out those who cheat....just curious?

#2 User is offline   pilowsky 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2023-February-13, 14:38

View Postpigpenz, on 2023-February-13, 13:47, said:

was looing on the site for things about EDGAR, haven't been able to find any info if
there has been anything on it trying to ferret out those who cheat....just curious?

You were doing what?
Non legit hoc

#3 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2023-February-13, 15:02

--

#4 User is offline   sfi 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2023-February-13, 15:19

I haven't seen any announcements or evidence it is in use, but it's early days yet and I suspect they are working with the EDGAR team behind the scenes.

#5 User is offline   paulg 

Posted 2023-February-13, 15:35

As far as I am aware, EDGAR has nothing to do with BBO and the designers are more active on BridgeWinners, so that is the best place to look for information.
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

#6 User is offline   pigpenz 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2023-February-13, 18:53

@paulg EDGAR has alot to do with BBO especially ACBL BBO games .....
as most people who have been convicted by the ACBL for cheating, collusion, whatever
took place in ACBL BBO games.

you can check out the ACBL under discipline list, read the case files, most of the people
listed were doing this on BBO.

#7 User is offline   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2023-February-13, 19:18

There are a couple of discussions about Edgar on Bridgewinners, with participation by some of the people who were involved in the development of Edgar. I wouldn't expect to see anything directly from BBO in these forums.

#8 User is offline   paulg 

Posted 2023-February-14, 02:31

View Postpigpenz, on 2023-February-13, 18:53, said:

as most people who have been convicted by the ACBL for cheating, collusion, whatever

you can check out the ACBL under discipline list, read the case files, most of the people

As you say, the ACBL has been discipling people, perhaps using EDGAR or not, but definitely using data from tournaments run on BBO. But this doesn't mean that BBO has anything to do with EDGAR.

The authors of EDGAR would like NBOs and such bodies (which may include BBO) to adopt the product for their own use. I doubt this has happened yet.
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

#9 User is offline   pigpenz 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2023-February-14, 12:38

IMHO the point is that it seems like players on BBO should be aware that there people
out there looking at their data looking for people who collude. I always thought maybe BBO
would make some sort of announcement about it they make announcements for everything else.

#10 User is offline   pescetom 

Posted 2023-February-14, 16:14

View Postpigpenz, on 2023-February-14, 12:38, said:

IMHO the point is that it seems like players on BBO should be aware that there people
out there looking at their data looking for people who collude. I always thought maybe BBO
would make some sort of announcement about it they make announcements for everything else.

BBO has always made it clear that they look for cheating, they also make the myhands database public and several people have announced that they are using it to look for cheating, plus of course you or I can do so without informing or asking anybody. So I'm not sure what there is to announce here.

And the more my own hands are checked the better, as I see it: so long as I'm not going to be publicly shamed on the basis of faulty conclusions that is.

#11 User is offline   wuudturner 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2023-February-15, 09:43

View Postpigpenz, on 2023-February-13, 18:53, said:

BBO is not doing Edgar. This is under the ACBL umbrella. BBO is only involved in the sense that all ACBL online games are run on BBO. Then Edgar takes the data from BBO, which can be gotten by others too, and then Edgar does its stuff, looking for signs of cheating using various filters.

So there is no reason for BBO to be talking about Edgar. Anyway, Edgar does not look at any of the games played on BBO that are not under the ACBL umbrella. Edgar does not look at BBO speedballs. It does not look at bot games, at non-ACBL daylongs, at challenges, at games played on casual tables, at private team games. I'm not even sure that Edgar would be looking at the ACBL daylong bot games.

#12 User is offline   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2023-February-15, 12:46

EDGAR did some testing with robot data (not for determining cheating in robot games), and found the north robot looked suspicious :)

(Because its leads always seemed to hit partner with the best hand.)

#13 User is offline   pilowsky 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2023-February-15, 15:36

View Postsmerriman, on 2023-February-15, 12:46, said:

EDGAR did some testing with robot data (not for determining cheating in robot games), and found the north robot looked suspicious :)

(Because its leads always seemed to hit partner with the best hand.)

Suggesting a useful method for testing one component of a fair-play detection system in Bridge.
Non legit hoc

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users