Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Are these Bots wired? Director!

#1 User is offline   jammen 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2023-January-16, 17:01

My doubles are admittedly adventuresome, but who in their right mind runs from 3 doubled to the 4 level hoping to find a 4-4 fit? And if so, why bypass the suit? I know that if I had bid like East my partner would table a 6-5 in the round suits like I deserved.

#2 User is online   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2023-January-16, 18:25

Wrong forum again. Use the robot forum.

Wired?! Of course, you must be joking; the robots fail with this type of bid *way* more than they succeed. They're just plain bad.

For reference their rules about doubling for penalty and forcing passes are awful; the database tells them 4 will either be passed out, or that you'll make a silly 4 bid over the top it. So the simulation will give the atrocious result of bidding 4 every time here.

#3 User is offline   jammen 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2023-January-17, 12:45

View Postsmerriman, on 2023-January-16, 18:25, said:

Wrong forum again. Use the robot forum.

Wired?! Of course, you must be joking; the robots fail with this type of bid *way* more than they succeed. They're just plain bad.

For reference their rules about doubling for penalty and forcing passes are awful; the database tells them 4 will either be passed out, or that you'll make a silly 4 bid over the top it. So the simulation will give the atrocious result of bidding 4 every time here.

Sorry, I look for the right forum.

#4 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2023-January-19, 18:22

If the bot wants to run, the right way is SOS redouble. But I don't think that's in the BOT system, it thinks a redouble here would be business. So it just bids its best of the remaining suits.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users