Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Daylong rewards -- BB$ pot Now at 70% instead of 80%

#1 User is offline   shyams 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2023-January-09, 03:45

With the new "price changes" implemented today, the BB$ pot available to Zenith Rewards MP game and the other Daylong rewards games has shrunk to 70% of total BB$s collected.

It used to be 80% thus far.

I know a few of the regular BBF posters play in this game. So I thought this may be of interest.

#2 User is offline   FrankerZ 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2023-January-09, 10:43

Hmm, that's quite a big drop. Compared to the eyewatering 40% price rise of the other daylongs (and, for that matter, the pathetic return on the 4 board express tournaments), it's not that big of a deal, but will certainly make me think before depositing again.

Edit - it is an additional shame as it's one of the few robot tournaments that isn't best hand. Some of us like to defend now and again.

#3 User is offline   strags 

• Pip

Posted 2023-January-09, 11:36

I don't like the across-the-board price increases for tournaments, but I do get it. Expenses are up and BBO needs revenue to keep pace.

However, increasing the rake on Reward games (both Daylongs and the $1/$5 Robot Race games) from 20% to 30% is........bad. Really, really bad. Like, state lottery territory bad, which is the laughingstock of games of chance. Come on now. If you need to raise the entry fee to $1.25, I think most of us would understand and support you. But, a 30% take really kneecaps folks like me, who enjoy playing the RR games to make maybe 75 cents a day, which I then spend on a couple of Daylong games. That's now impossible. Please reconsider this.

#4 User is online   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2023-January-09, 14:03

The $5 robot reward used to be 10%. That increase to 30% is pretty insane. These usually have very small numbers of competitors; previously if there were just two entries, you paid $5 for the opportunity to win your entry fee + $4 back. So you need to win about 55% of the time to make a profit. Not bad odds for good Robot Reward players.

Now you're paying $5 for the opportunity to win your entry fee + $2 back, which means you need to win over 71% of the time. That's killed off that format of the game, really. This will actually cost BBO money, given there is no good reason to play that format anymore.

#5 User is offline   nxw0016 

• PipPip

Posted 2023-February-09, 16:40

GREED + STUPIDITY = hey let's increase the rake to 30%!

#6 User is offline   FrankerZ 

• PipPip

Posted 2023-February-10, 11:04

Yeah, I'm done with these, I normally played the total points one, you're needing pretty much a two game swing rather than one now to break even. Just going to play the fast four boards and nothing else paid going forward, which given the volume I play more or less guarantees BBO will probably get precisely one more deposit for the rest of the year

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users