Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Waiting in vain for RHO

#1 User is online   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2023-July-30, 09:16

Yesterday I saw a problem that was frequent in the early days of the HTML client but I haven't seen for a while and assumed was fixed.

During the auction, at North's turn nothing happened and when opponents (and then the Director) begged him to call he replied that he was waiting for West to call. The bypass to this is for North to logoff/logon, now in the correct situation with West's bid visible: but unfortunately the Director instead of explaining this replaced him with a Robot (which seems to have been a basic robot, despite this being a paid tournament).

North was on a Windows PC with Chrome, Wifi connected to router.

#2 User is offline   mycroft 

• Secretary Bird

Posted 2023-July-30, 18:41

My partner waiting for RHO to bid for an unreasonably long time was her warning that she had been disconnected and the BBO client hadn't figured it out yet (probably by powerline ethernet dropping out and wifi taking over). Probably the same thing.
When I go to sea, don't fear for me, Fear For The Storm -- Birdie and the Swansong (tSCoSI)

#3 User is online   pescetom 

Posted 2023-July-31, 02:10

This used to be very frequent (from a Director's perspective) when I was running our club games on BBO during early Covid. I think it was always wifi related although maybe not. Yes sometimes the server had already disconnected but the client never figured it out (no effective keep alive or state check).

People soon learned to just logoff/logon. Unfortunately this Director despite being a seasoned professional on BBO didn't seem to recognize the problem.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users