• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2022-October-05, 14:25

Tell me your bid

#2 User is offline   DavidKok 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2022-October-05, 15:12

I like the first four bids. South's 2 may or may not be systemic. West's second pass would not occur to me, nor would North's pass of 2. I don't love East's 2 but I think it might be the least of evils, over which West really doesn't have a third pass. I'm not prepared to comment on the rest of the bidding.

#3 User is online   Cyberyeti 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2022-October-05, 15:34

View PostDavidKok, on 2022-October-05, 15:12, said:

I like the first four bids. South's 2 may or may not be systemic. West's second pass would not occur to me, nor would North's pass of 2. I don't love East's 2 but I think it might be the least of evils, over which West really doesn't have a third pass. I'm not prepared to comment on the rest of the bidding.

EW are well out of this which may not be obvious, either 3M can be 500, more than 5 even if NS bid it.

I would bid 3 rather than 2.

#4 User is offline   mw64ahw 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Bidding & play optimisation via simulation.

Posted 2022-October-06, 03:26

The key here appears to be the interpretation of responder's first bid. It needs to show limit raise values after which North is distributionally strong enough to invite game. South after revaluation can take it to game knowing North's short suit opposite the singleton will play well.

#5 User is offline   mcphee 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2022-October-07, 03:39

Opening hand needs to bid 2D after the raise which will get them to a game. Passing 2C when partner has made a raise and likely has 4 or more D seems a soft view. I think 2C raise is sensible, after all if is possible partner could have just a 2 card suit in which case we could easily push too much if we were to show limit values for C. I would not be so happy if partner bid 3N.

#6 User is offline   AL78 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge, hiking, cycling, gardening, weight training

Posted 2022-October-09, 16:39

If 1 could be short I would respond 1NT (6-10) on the South cards which ought to show some club length. That probably does little to help find 5 though. Why did I not whack 3?

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users