BBO Discussion Forums: Import LIN files not working - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Import LIN files not working files corrupted once uploaded and rejected.

#1 User is offline   zsb5 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2022-April-27, 06:07

I have been uploading LIN files to BBO and playing those deals for a long time so I know how to do it. However the same file I loaded successfully on Monday will not load today. It says it has loaded successfully but then when I select the deals to play I get [Uploaded Deal Rejected] error message; then when I view the files in the pop-up, East has 39 spades, hearts and diamonds, with just the clubs dealt correctly (so not surprisingly it doesn't work!). This is not just my problem as a friend loading entirely different deals 200 miles away has the same problem.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I have contacted support but the reply is:
"Something is wrong with your LIN file, most like its missing some pipe character | , or has them too many or in wrong places.
You should redo your LIN file and upload it again.
If your problem persists, please reply here and attach the problematic LIN file."

I have done this and tried several LIN files that have all worked before but all with the same outcome... I create my LIN files using Dealmaster Pro, which has never let me down...

Please help!

Thanks

#2 User is online   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2022-April-27, 08:03

Just to confirm that I am seeing the problem too with files that loaded without a problem a few days ago.

So BBO has definitely changed something.
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

#3 User is offline   zsb5 

• Pip

Posted 2022-April-27, 09:56

I have since tried creating LIN files using Bridge Composer (dedicated LIN/BBO software) but the same thing happened so I think it definitely a BBO problem...

#4 User is offline   zsb5 

• Pip

Posted 2022-April-27, 12:22

UPDATE: Normal service has resumed (some problem with the BBO database)... My thanks to BBO Support!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users