• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Number of Topics

#1 User is offline   jcalex2 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2022-May-04, 12:53

Maybe a dumb question, but...
On the first page of this it says there are 2051 topics.....I onlly see7-8, and no other pages to go through. What am I missing?

#2 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2022-May-04, 14:56

View Postjcalex2, on 2022-May-04, 12:53, said:

Maybe a dumb question, but...
On the first page of this it says there are 2051 topics.....I onlly see7-8, and no other pages to go through. What am I missing?

You see the ones with posts that you haven't seen yet... probably with some threshold [EDIT: 30 days, see post below] to exclude topics you never read but were not recently updated.
The exact way a topic gets marked as read or not when you have already viewed it depends upon your choice of tools/platform.

Many of us complain about the opposite problem, how to avoid seeing certain topics or fora they are not interested in: it seems there is no solution to that, you can mark a forum as read but not as uninteresting.
Plus another more esoteric problem: at least once a year the mechanism goes haywire and topics you have read continue to reappear on PC, the only apparent bypass being to mark all as read. Again, BBO have previously said they have no solution: the forum software is an unsupported legacy.

#3 User is online   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2022-May-04, 15:23

View Postjcalex2, on 2022-May-04, 12:53, said:

At the bottom of the page, there's a blue bar saying 'Click here to show filter options'. The default is to only show posts from the last 30 days, but you can change it to all.

#4 User is offline   ThomasRush 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Bridge (?), Toastmasters, wine, people, libertarianism, creating humor, teaching bridge

Posted 2022-May-06, 19:27

View Postsmerriman, on 2022-May-04, 15:23, said:

At the bottom of the page, there's a blue bar saying 'Click here to show filter options'. The default is to only show posts from the last 30 days, but you can change it to all.

Good info!
He who plants a tree affirms the future

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users