BBO Discussion Forums: New column to identify if tournament is private or not - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New column to identify if tournament is private or not

#1 User is offline   ClaudiuH 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2022-January-26, 12:19

Hi,

I am kind of new to BBO, and i have a hard time trying to find some not private free tournament. Most of tournaments are private, but only few TD add "members only" in description of tournament, so i spend a lot of time just to check if a tournament is private or not. Maybe some mandatory column to be completed when a tournament is created would help, or maybe experienced players could give me an advice.

Thanks.

#2 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2022-January-26, 15:59

Welcome to BBO.

This is one of the many recurring complaints that BBO fails to address or acknowledge.
The TDs do precisely define who can play, the problem is that to know if it includes you, you have to both read the description and often also guess their lists.
The system knows precisely whether you are eligible or not and it should make this clear.

Previous suggestions have included not showing people tournaments they are unable to play (gasp), or showing the unavailable tournaments in a different colour.

#3 User is offline   ClaudiuH 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2022-January-28, 12:53

I also noticed that free automated tournaments seems to appear less than before, guess BBO are focused on payers. Thats too bad in my opinion, because every new player need to grow from some low level, and need to be helped, nobody will pay from start.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users