BBO Discussion Forums: Cannot invite people with a 10 digit user id - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cannot invite people with a 10 digit user id

#1 User is offline   NancyNP 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2022-January-06, 09:51

Hi, I have 2 people who cannot invite someone with a 10 character user id to their table. They can only enter 9 digits. Some other people can enter those 10 characters no problem. And the 10 digit user id person can invite others. Can someone suggest what may be the problem? Can it be browser specific?

Thanks

#2 User is offline   NancyNP 

• Pip

Posted 2022-January-07, 16:00

Hi, we have 2 people who cannot enter the 10th character in their "Casual/Start a table" to invite someone who has a 10 character userid. But they can enter 9 characters.

The person with the 10 character userid can invite others though. What can you suggest for those 2 people who can't?

Thanks
/Nancy

#3 User is online   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2022-January-07, 16:21

You posted the same message yesterday - ignore the fact it says it got 0 views (forum bug, it updates properly when it gets a reply); barmar usually comes through every few days to respond to all of the support topics at once so you don't need to post it multiple times.

As a non-BBO rep, I can confirm the HTML for the input specifically has a maxlength set to 10 and works for me in multiple browsers - I would suggest:

a) making sure it actually doesn't work; it's often possible that you can't see the last character after you type it even though it's actually there, due to how wide the characters are
b) making sure there aren't stray spaces in the field; perhaps on their device a blank space is getting added automatically, taking up the room for the last character, and an appropriate delete may help.
c) specifying the exact device / browser being used, ideally with a screenshot of what you see after typing 10 characters if at all possible, as that would help the most with debugging it.

#4 User is offline   NancyNP 

• Pip

Posted 2022-January-10, 14:23

Thanks for your reply.

I found out why my 2 friends couldn't enter 10 characters. They both had auto-correct on, and without their noticing it, a space was inserted by auto-correct.

(I posted again since I couldn't find my first posting and I thought I didn't hit send. Sorry)

Thanks!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users