Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Video chat at teaching table Enable video chat at teaching table

#1 User is offline   stjansen 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-December-19, 19:21

I have a setup teaching 4 students. It could be a great help if we could use the Video Chat function.

#2 User is offline   citybadger 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-December-20, 00:57

Just use Zoom or whatever. Its not worth BBO putting in effort to make something half-baked when much larger businesses have put millions of dollars into making a full-featured reliable product.

I wouldn't object to a button that would launch Zoom or a similar service and automatically share the resulting meeting with table participants however.

#3 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2021-December-20, 02:48

It is possible to use video chat at a teaching table. Virtual club accounts already have this feature. We can grant it on demand to other people. Email us at tournaments@bridgebase.com if you would like to try video chat at a training or casual table.

#4 User is offline   jandrew 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2021-December-20, 04:06

View Postcitybadger, on 2021-December-20, 00:57, said:

Just use Zoom or whatever. Its not worth BBO putting in effort to make something half-baked when much larger businesses have put millions of dollars into making a full-featured reliable product.

I wouldn't object to a button that would launch Zoom or a similar service and automatically share the resulting meeting with table participants however.

Video chat on BBO is integrated into the user screen and is as good as anything that I have seen on Zoom or Teams.

#5 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2021-December-20, 05:42

View Poststjansen, on 2021-December-19, 19:21, said:

I have a setup teaching 4 students. It could be a great help if we could use the Video Chat function.

We activated free video chat for your username.

To use it, please do this:

1. When you start a table, write +video+ (exactly like this) in your table description.
2. Reserve seats for your players. Video chat will activate only when player has the seat reserved.

Please note that video chat is available on the web version of BBO. It can be used on mobile devices, via browser (open Safari or chrome and login from https://www.bridgebase.com/v3/)

Here's a guide for your players in case they have troubles setting up their video:
https://news.bridgeb...in-tournaments/

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users