BBO Discussion Forums: Restoring a standard screen layout - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Restoring a standard screen layout

#1 User is offline   McBruce 

• NOS (usually)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2021-November-28, 15:54

From time to time when directing tournaments I get a message from someone saying that their partner cannot chat, cannot alert, or cannot do something occasionally required. From the conversations that ensue I think most of these problems stem from people accidentally adjusting portions of their screen and not knowing how to undo the adjustment, which seems to be saved from session to session. I'm almost certain from some of these that there are snowflakes players who have deliberately pulled the gray bar separating the cards from the chat down to the bottom because messages are 'distracting,' but others do this accidentally, especially on smaller screens and cannot get back. My suggestion is that a button, maybe within the Help area, to return to a normal setup if things go horribly wrong, might help.
ACBL TD--got my start in 2002 directing games at BBO!
Please come back to the live game; I directed enough online during COVID for several lifetimes.
Bruce McIntyre, Yamaha WX5 Roland AE-10G AKAI EWI SOLO virtuoso-in-training

#2 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2021-November-29, 06:06

View PostMcBruce, on 2021-November-28, 15:54, said:

From time to time when directing tournaments I get a message from someone saying that their partner cannot chat, cannot alert, or cannot do something occasionally required. From the conversations that ensue I think most of these problems stem from people accidentally adjusting portions of their screen and not knowing how to undo the adjustment, which seems to be saved from session to session. I'm almost certain from some of these that there are snowflakes players who have deliberately pulled the gray bar separating the cards from the chat down to the bottom because messages are 'distracting,' but others do this accidentally, especially on smaller screens and cannot get back. My suggestion is that a button, maybe within the Help area, to return to a normal setup if things go horribly wrong, might help.

Chat and other actions are pretty difficult on mobile. There is a *Restore defaults* button in Account -> Settings, both for web and mobile apps.

#3 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-November-30, 15:54

Couldn't the pull down bar be limited to always leave at least one line for chat?
Or to pop up when chat arrives or is typed?

#4 User is offline   chigal64 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2022-October-07, 11:00

View PostMcBruce, on 2021-November-28, 15:54, said:

?
this doesnt help as it just makes the hands area larger. no button in the help site. any other suggestions? this is frustating, happens in the acbl tournaments also

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users