BBO Discussion Forums: strange behaviour - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1

strange behaviour being thrown from the table you play

#1 User is offline   miaculpa20 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-November-24, 12:14

I have played some time now and find people can be quite rude. Can a player throw one from a table in the middle of the play? And has he got to give a reason to someone?

#2 User is online   pilowsky 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-November-24, 14:43

Only the person that is the "Captain" of the table can throw people.
They can do this whenever they want and don't have to give a reason.
If you don't want this to happen to you, start your own table.
If you don't know how to do that, ask below.

There are good reasons for setting it up that way.
Being "thrown" from a table is not necessarily rude.
Think of it as you walking into someone else's house and starting a conversation.
Their rules apply, not yours.

#3 User is offline   mycroft 

• Secretary Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2021-November-24, 15:02

Yes, they can be rude. Unfortunately, rude people exist everywhere and need to be routed around. One of the first goals of a new player here is to find people that are compatible with you and leave the Permanent Pickup Pool with them. Unfortunately, again, the rude people tend not to be compatible with "you" and so tend not to leave the pickup pool, so they get concentrated in there, and make it even more critical to get out.

Yes, the *host* (the person who started the table, or the person given the crown when the original host leaves) can remove players at any time, with any reason or none.

Other players can remove themselves at any time, with any reason or none.

As a safety valve, you can create the table you play at and be the host. But the key is to find a partner that won't either do rude things or trigger rude reactions.
When I go to sea, don't fear for me, Fear For The Storm -- Birdie and the Swansong (tSCoSI)

#4 User is offline   miaculpa20 

• Pip

Posted 2021-November-25, 06:27

View Postmiaculpa20, on 2021-November-24, 12:14, said:

I have played some time now and find people can be quite rude. Can a player throw one from a table in the middle of the play? And has he got to give a reason to someone?

Thanks for replies. My experience in life is that there are people out there who are actually enjoying being rude. People with personality disorder. They do not scare me!

#5 User is offline   AL78 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge, hiking, cycling, gardening, weight training

Posted 2021-November-25, 06:56

View Postmiaculpa20, on 2021-November-25, 06:27, said:

Thanks for replies. My experience in life is that there are people out there who are actually enjoying being rude. People with personality disorder. They do not scare me!

Civilized people often behave worse than barbarians, because they do not fear having their skull smashed in.

Nowhere more true is this than the online community, which by its nature shields people from consequences, allowing individuals to throw away the thin and unstable veneer of civility and unleash the worst version of themselves.

#6 User is offline   miaculpa20 

• Pip

Posted 2021-November-25, 07:51

View PostAL78, on 2021-November-25, 06:56, said:

Civilized people often behave worse than barbarians, because they do not fear having their skull smashed in.

Nowhere more true is this than the online community, which by its nature shields people from consequences, allowing individuals to throw away the thin and unstable veneer of civility and unleash the worst version of themselves.

You are SO right! The barbarians seem to be many nowadays. And Internett is as made for these barbarians.

#7 User is offline   thepossum 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2021-November-27, 22:18

The problem is that the site has a take me to the first available seat option. This is often inconvenient and annoying for all concerned. Hence misunderstanding and rudeness can occur

#8 User is offline   thepossum 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2021-November-27, 22:18

The problem is that the site has a take me to the first available seat option. This is often inconvenient and annoying for all concerned. Hence misunderstanding and rudeness can occur

I hardly use that option anymore unless it's late after a few drinks and want a bit of fun

End up sitting at a table with 3 players you have no right to share a room with, let alone a table

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users