Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Newbie tournament questions

#1 User is offline   sreddy206 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-October-18, 13:31

Hi - I'm relatively new to BBO and to Bridge in general and I had a couple of questions about how the tournaments in the ACBL area work:

1) If you time out and get logged off in the middle of a tournament, how do you rejoin? In the past it seemed like the tournament automatically resumed as soon as I logged back in but that didn't happed with the most recent tournament.

2) I got a message that the ACBL 299er Daylong games were free for those with fewer than 5 Masterpoints, but I was charged for the most recent one I tried to play, was that just a temporary deal?

Thanks!

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2021-October-18, 16:24

View Postsreddy206, on 2021-October-18, 13:31, said:

Hi - I'm relatively new to BBO and to Bridge in general and I had a couple of questions about how the tournaments in the ACBL area work:

1) If you time out and get logged off in the middle of a tournament, how do you rejoin? In the past it seemed like the tournament automatically resumed as soon as I logged back in but that didn't happed with the most recent tournament.

That hasn't changed. You should be put back in at the beginning of the next board. Maybe you reconnected during the last board?

2) I got a message that the ACBL 299er Daylong games were free for those with fewer than 5 Masterpoints, but I was charged for the most recent one I tried to play, was that just a temporary deal?

The open ACBL daylong games are free for those with 0-5 masterpoints, not the 299er.

#3 User is offline   sreddy206 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-October-18, 20:34

View Postbarmar, on 2021-October-18, 16:24, said:

That hasn't changed. You should be put back in at the beginning of the next board. Maybe you reconnected during the last board?

The open ACBL daylong games are free for those with 0-5 masterpoints, not the 299er.

This was posted on Sep 28th, and I believe I did play for free at least a couple of times (but could be wrong.) You'll notice that it says at the very bottom that the games are free to those with fewer than 5 Masterpoints. Am I confusing it with another game?

https://news.bridgeb...-299er-daylong/

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users