BBO Discussion Forums: Urgent Assistance Required Please - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Urgent Assistance Required Please Sorry for troubling the cooler

#1 User is offline   thepossum 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-July-28, 15:41

Can any of the people on BridgeBase that know my identity please check my eponymous.com

I have been under vicious vindictive attack against me and my business for many years (here and oversees) it seems

THis morning I woke up to find that according to my Oppo browser my domain has been suspended
According to the Chrome browser on my PC I can still access the domain

Its my main domain, all my emails and contacts for almost 20 years

I am viciously attacked and trolled on many forums including industry support forums

I actually want to know whats going on and am calling for help from anyone who believes in fairness and justice

Please

I'm under immense stress. I cannot deal with these incessant attacks

Its vicious and cruel whoever is behind it all

Please don't respond. I need to go back to bed. I honestly cant deal with this rubbish anymore. Its vicious cruel and personal

#2 User is offline   hrothgar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Travel
    Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2021-July-28, 17:14

Sorry to reply (I know that you requested that people do not do so)

If you believe that your domain has been suspended, your best course of action is to get in touch with whatever company it is that you have been using to register said domain. They should have a tech support department who can help sort things out.

Even if the domain name has been suspended, there should be some kind of backup for your web site.
You shouldn't lose any data from this.
Alderaan delenda est

#3 User is offline   thepossum 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2021-July-31, 20:08

View Posthrothgar, on 2021-July-28, 17:14, said:

Sorry to reply (I know that you requested that people do not do so)

If you believe that your domain has been suspended, your best course of action is to get in touch with whatever company it is that you have been using to register said domain. They should have a tech support department who can help sort things out.

Even if the domain name has been suspended, there should be some kind of backup for your web site.
You shouldn't lose any data from this.

Hi Richard

Thanks for your reply. Apologies for the delay

Finally unwinding (or trying to) after my crisis. Which I think is beyond what you think the solution was, seemingly everyone's understanding

I am coming to terms with the vicious and personal nature of the attacks on my business and reputation on multiple forums.

I came to the cooler because I kind of like and trust the place more than most

The attacks have been vicious personal, professional, anticompetitive on so many forums for so many years, often trolls behind aliases, even moderators on some forums join in the slander and attacks.

Please don't read any implications into those statements at all

There were any manner of stressful attacks from all quarters resulting in a suspension(temporary) of my domain, forced on me by the core problem or some other problem of slander and unfair and anti-competitive denial of service against me

Many of us share many networks indirectly. This was place I felt I could also ask for some help

Sadly many people take the comments and posts I make personally. But they usually do not understand the extent of the attacks and creepy manipulation against me

Its hard to explain the extent over a long period of time. Possibly major global gaslighting of one target (me). Even the DNS network here was behaving in a very creepy and seemingly personally targetted way. Could you get any support anywhere. No I couldnt. Many of the people I ask for help in many forums like to make out I don't know what I am doing.

I had very few material offers of genuine help anywhere

But a critical deadline passed last night. I let something go that has been very dear to me for 20 years. Totally cruel and unfair and it compromised my whole life, my business and all my investments over 20 years. Possibly over my whole life. All my platforms. My contacts. everything was put at risk by certain parties actions or lack of resposiveness

But hopefully I can still feel safe and welcome here and people can forgive any upset comments and not take them personally. I was the one under attack. A vicious and unusual form of DDOS

I have felt people in very powerful places and institutions were trying to silence me, deplatform me or whatever for a very long time culminating in last night's deadline

Who knows who and who knows the motives. You never can be sure. Except that maybe my knowledge and honesty and professionalism is dangerous to some powerful people

It may not be that at all. It could just be some petty local or personal gripe that someone escalated in a cruel way

regards

Possum

PS Sadly I don't have eponymous.com but my eponymous .com and .com.au were two of the 4 domains under attack

PPS Sorry for the usual emotional unstructured reply. But what I asked for from many parties and many forums over many months was material support. I got it from nowhere. Plenty of advise and offers of a chat. But nobody solved the one issue and took the pressure off

PPPS Apologies for coming here. I just figured it was a good try to get some extra knowledgeable help :)

PPPPS Catch 22 had nothing on my situation. Involved in many crises then some adminsitrative overreaction denied me that ability to even communicate via email and took up another few days of my time just before deadline. It was ridiculous and seeminngly highly personal (highly coincidental) Compounded also by DNS issue still not responded to. I have been put in an insane situation by many parties over the last few months. Asking for help was just another place for someone to check my domains and a get a trusted answer. Some people could see my site and claimed it was up and all I could see was an ICANN page etc Nothing is personal against anyone here

#4 User is offline   hrothgar 

Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2021-July-31, 20:49

There are a number of people who frequent the forums who have a lot of experience with DNS, internet administration, and the like.

[As a practical example, barmar knows this stuff really well]
However, unless folks know the actual domain names in questions, it's hard to do more than speculate.

Regardless, I wish you luck.

I will note the following:

There are a number of different ways to muck with the DNS system.

1. Social engineering attacks against your registrar are one well know example. (Someone contacts the registrar, pretends to be you, and has your domain name point at the "wrong" IP address. (There is a reason why Akamai choose to serve as its own registry)

2. Another option is deplatforming. Send a bunch of complaints to your DNS registrar, try to convince them that you're abusing terms of service, and getting your site removed. This actually happens fairly often. Sometimes it happens for legitimate reasons. Sometimes is is done in an abusive manner. Often there is some kind of grey line involved.

In either case, the registrar that you're using to support your website is going to be in the best position to explain what is going on
Alderaan delenda est

#5 User is offline   thepossum 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2021-July-31, 21:14

Hi Richard

Sorry, again you aren't listening. Please just listen for once

What I need right now is for every single person in the world to stop advising me on anything and help by just relieving pressure in every forum

Seemingly its a thing that whenever I try to ask for genuine support all I get is people offering, maybe well-meaning, advice that actually doesn't progress anything. Then whenever I point that out they often get upset and start trolling and even get me banned from platforms

Its been a pattern. But 2 months plus of no real material support

regards

Possum

PS Please don't think that is aimed at you. Also all these well-meaning offers of advice which arent material support place extra demands on my non-existent time, resources and reserves and have contributed to the DOS over my whole life. Its ongoing seemingly

PPS The other day when my site was seemingly down/suspended etc I asked some people for support. They constantly denined what I saw and what I knew and what was going on. Constantly. All day. Those kinds of people. Many of them therw expertise at me. But seeminingly they didn't seem to understand that a dodgy DNS somewhere was routing me from my home to somehwre in Amsterdam, while everyone else was pointing at the home city where I thought I was pointing. The responsible parties for that have still not given me the respect of a response. The registrar issue is a trivial part of a massive DOS against my business, which started at midnight last night, my time

I cant keep fielding stuff on forums, being anxious if any comment is going to hurt or stress more. As I said it was nobody's responsibility to help but I asked for people just to check if my site was up and running. I was asking for help from all over the world. It was crazy :)

But constantly having to respond to what are essentially variants of a straw man argument. Like straw man advice or straw man support

Have a good day

PS What else I tried to do that caused an additional drain on my resources, was make the mistake of pointing out a small unusual console that had returned to an app. Its unbelievable how many of my resources were tied up dealing with the responses to that, or lack of from various sources

Apologies if I ever get upset with anyone. Sometimes everything (or at least many things) are linked

#6 User is offline   thepossum 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2021-July-31, 21:25

Can we all just drop all these issues for the moment

The material support I needed was not really forthcoming from the source it needed to come from and their unreasnable actions caused a massive chain reaction of demands all over

regards P

#7 User is offline   hrothgar 

Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2021-August-01, 03:03

> But seeminingly they didn't seem to understand that a dodgy
> DNS somewhere was routing me from my home to somehwre in
> Amsterdam, while everyone else was pointing at the home city
> where I thought I was pointing. The responsible parties for
> that have still not given me the respect of a response.
> The registrar issue is a trivial part of a massive DOS
> against my business, which started at midnight last
> night, my time

If the reachability issue is only affecting your machine (and other people on the Internet aren't experiencing the same issues) then the global DNS system probably isn't to blame.

It's a lot more likely that whatever device you are using has been compromised.
See if you can get access to a clean machine...

Head over to a friends
Go to the library
I suppose that you could even buy one

See if you access your site from there

Your hosting service should be able to provide you with uptime statistics and the like.

Note that some companies such as Cloudflare will provide free DDOS protection services to individuals.
Alderaan delenda est

#8 User is offline   kenberg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2021-August-01, 07:40

I hope you find a way through this.

I started a response as soon as I saw your first post but then I decided to respect the "Please do not respond". One of my thoughts was that you would probably have to look for what you can salvage. Your subsequent comments show that you are doing that and I wish you well.

There is not much more to say. I just wish you well. I hope you will continue to check in with us.
Ken

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users