• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Two-suited double squeeze?

#1 User is offline   ahydra 

• AQT92 AQ --- QJ6532
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-October-31, 10:23

This weird 2-suited double squeeze arose on one hand from the France-Sweden trial that's currently going on:

North is in a spade contract and needs all but two of the remaining tricks. As he runs the spades, the defence are forced to set up either a diamond winner in South or a long club winner in North.

Is there a proper name for this squeeze?

ahydra

#2 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I'm also on YOUTUBE with a channel of music songs .

Posted 2015-November-02, 10:49

It should become from : Q8 A5 - 2 in N; K6 Q98 - - in E; 5 K73 - J in S; 109 J106 - - in W. I, now, use the Cicchelli notation as i have said in "Duoble squeeze thecnique in C. Love" (see) : Q8 is 1sf+1f(sf=unfavoreble, f=favoreble position, 1=one card), A5/K73 is 2dr/3dr(dr=doppia ripartita- twin entry double menace), 2 is N(=neutra or idle card) while J is C(=comprimente or squeeze card). This one is a position of trump squeeze (having 5 togheter J as trump) and in this way we have a two loser squeeze (3 winners on 5 cards). But again this one is used in a NT contract (6NT : AQ8 A52 Q64 A1092 in N-52 K73 AKJ5 KQJ4 in S with the opening lead of J and is not possibile rectify the count because could be five hearts in E that had the King of spade. Then remain to consider the schemes of (double) trump squeeze series I -Example n. 70 - L0 SQUEEZE (Studio sul gioco di compressione nel Bridge) by Mario Cicchelli edit Industrie Grafiche CINO del DUCA S.p.A. MILANO). Invertited A and Q in heart suit and inserting other two winners in trump we have this three losers. Usually the "rule" should be :two suits two losers but there is, as Love said, an exceptional case. I want suggest, when presented this type of trump squeeze, to inverted position, for a better viewing and understanding, the hands of N and S and obviously W and E. In this case i.e. the diamond J should be in S.(Lovera)

#3 User is offline   nige1 

• 5-level belongs to me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Poems Computers

Posted 2015-November-02, 17:25

ahydra's vice squeeze simplified with South declarer, as Lovera suggests.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users