BBO Discussion Forums: Has U.S. Democracy Been Trumped? - BBO Discussion Forums

• 1077 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Has U.S. Democracy Been Trumped? Bernie Sanders wants to know who owns America?

#7661 User is offline   jjbrr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2017-October-26, 17:07

Also the top post on reddit right now is pretty funny

“Based on the fact that I work for Donald Trump as his secretary—and therefore know him well—I think he treats women with great respect, contrary to what Julie Baumgold implied in her article … I do not believe any man in America gets more calls from women wanting to see him, meet him, or go out with him. The most beautiful women, the most successful women—all women love Donald Trump.”

Carolin Gallego December 7, 1992
OK
bed

#7662 User is offline   Zelandakh 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-October-26, 17:41

Carolin Gallego
(-: Zel :-)

#7663 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2017-October-26, 18:04

View PostZelandakh, on 2017-October-26, 17:41, said:

That's pretty funny. I'll bet "she" also thinks Harvey Weinstein ran a great company.

Which reminds me: Has Trump weighed in on Weinstein and #metoo?

#7664 User is offline   Winstonm 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Art, music

Posted 2017-October-26, 18:53

View Postjjbrr, on 2017-October-26, 17:07, said:

How would Pence handle a Trump in drag?
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Black Lives Matter. / "I need ammunition, not a ride." Zelensky

#7665 User is offline   PassedOut 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Music, films, computer programming, politics, bridge

Posted 2017-October-26, 19:32

View Postjjbrr, on 2017-October-26, 17:07, said:

“Based on the fact that I work for Donald Trump as his secretary—and therefore know him well—I think he treats women with great respect, contrary to what Julie Baumgold implied in her article … I do not believe any man in America gets more calls from women wanting to see him, meet him, or go out with him. The most beautiful women, the most successful women—all women love Donald Trump.”

Even stranger is that the secretary's handwriting is identical to that of her boss!
The growth of wisdom may be gauged exactly by the diminution of ill temper. — Friedrich Nietzsche
The infliction of cruelty with a good conscience is a delight to moralists — that is why they invented hell. — Bertrand Russell

#7666 User is offline   y66 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-October-26, 20:35

From Foreigners Would Win Big from A Corporate Tax Cut by Steven Rosenthal:

The Trump Administration and congressional Republican leaders (the Big Six) have proposed a $70 billion-a-year tax cut for foreign investors. It stems from the cut in statutory corporate income tax rate from 35 percent to 20 percent (and repeal of the corporate AMT), which would reduce corporate taxes by an average of $200 billion a year, or $2 trillion over 10 years. While economists debate who gains from corporate tax cuts over the long run, they generally agree that owners of U.S. corporate stock would reap the short-term benefits.

In a new article, I look closely at who holds outstanding U.S. corporate stock—and calculate foreigners now own about 35 percent. So, in the short run, foreigners would reap about 35 percent of the benefits of the cut in corporate taxes, which translates to around $70 billion a year.

If you lose all hope, you can always find it again -- Richard Ford in The Sportswriter

#7667 User is offline   Zelandakh 

Posted 2017-October-26, 23:49

View PostWinstonm, on 2017-October-26, 18:53, said:

How would Pence handle a Trump in drag?

?!!?
(-: Zel :-)

#7668 User is offline   The_Badger 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge, Chess, Film, Literature, Herbal Medicine, Nutrition

Posted 2017-October-27, 07:19

View Postbarmar, on 2017-October-26, 18:04, said:

That's pretty funny. I'll bet "she" also thinks Harvey Weinstein ran a great company.

Which reminds me: Has Trump weighed in on Weinstein and #metoo?

I'll +1 you for that comment, Barry, if I could. There's a joke doing the rounds over here in the UK that George H.W. Bush's middle names are 'Harvey Weinstein'. Not in good taste I admit, but given what I am now reading about the newly-released confidential papers into JFK's assassination I think the US political system has had its fair share of controversy before Trump took office. Trump is just the 'icing on the cake' in a manner of speaking. God bless America! Or should that be 'God save America!'?

#7669 User is offline   kenberg 

Posted 2017-October-27, 09:05

I was 21 when JFK was elected, 24 when he was killed and Johnson took over, anr 29 when Nixon was elected. All three had flaws, to put it gently. They also each had considerable ability and had spent their lives in politics learning how to get things done.

We will never elect a flawless president. We should try hard not to elect another Trump.
Ken

#7670 User is offline   Al_U_Card 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-October-27, 17:12

View Postkenberg, on 2017-October-27, 09:05, said:

I was 21 when JFK was elected, 24 when he was killed and Johnson took over, anr 29 when Nixon was elected. All three had flaws, to put it gently. They also each had considerable ability and had spent their lives in politics learning how to get things done.

We will never elect a flawless president. We should try hard not to elect another Trump.
Trump "appears" to be taking on the deep state intelligence community so you may have to replace him sooner than you think.
The Grand Design, reflected in the face of Chaos...it's a fluke!

#7671 User is offline   Winstonm 

Posted 2017-October-27, 19:29

CNN reports the first indictment is in for the Mueller investigation.
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Black Lives Matter. / "I need ammunition, not a ride." Zelensky

#7672 User is offline   jjbrr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-October-27, 23:08

rumors are multiple indictments. my money is on flynn and manafort at least, not surprising given Weissman was apparently very active today.

everyone smile for the history books.
OK
bed

#7673 User is offline   Winstonm 

Posted 2017-October-28, 10:19

"The problem is that Mueller is discovering actual criminal behavior instead of believing our BS stories about Hillary Clinton." - anonymous Hannity producer. ;)

#7674 User is offline   Winstonm 

Posted 2017-October-28, 10:30

"Give me a break, the speculation is so insane right now," former Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski said on Fox News Saturday morning. "What we should be focusing on are the continued lies of the Clinton administration, are the continued fallacies that they perpetuate."

Quite natural, Cory, for you to still think Clinton won the election and has an administration after those Trump 1% wins in 3 key states.

#7675 User is offline   ldrews 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2017-October-28, 12:03

This has been a helluva week, politically speaking!

The Washington Post confirmed that the infamous “Trump Dossier” research was funded by the DNC and the Clinton campaign, using the legal firm of Perkins and Coie as a cutout conduit to provide deniability. So while no evidence has been produced so far on the Russia/Trump collusion allegations, we all now have actual evidence that there was DNC/Clinton/Russian collusion to influence the outcome of the 2016 election. In the process, several felonies have been committed. Of course all leading Democratic spokespersons are denying any knowledge of such activities. Really? 9 million dollars spent and know one knows about it.

The firm that conducted the research for the dossier and hired Christopher Steele the British spy to obtain the information supplied by Russian sources, GPS Fusion, has been stonewalling and uncooperative with the congressional investigators. But a federal judge has ordered them to turn over their bank records to congress on Monday. That should be illuminating.

Also, if the Trump Dossier is shown to be tainted, and was used to justify the FISA warrants that eventually led to the appointment of a special prosecutor, Robert Mueller, then the whole chain of investigations/indictments is tainted and would probably be thrown out of court.

Then the Uranium One deal has resurfaced. It turns out that the Russians involved were known by the FBI to be engaged is significant extortion, bribery, etc., in conjuction with this deal. Apparently the FBI never brought this to the attention of the people who were approving the deal. An undercover FBI informant who kept detailed records, recordings, etc., has surfaced. The DOJ has lifted his NDA agreement to allow him to testify to the congressional investigation committees. The Director of the FBI at the time was Robert Mueller, the same Special Prosecutor now investigating the Russia/Trump collusion charges.

Even the WSJ thinks this stinks to high heaven and has called for Mueller to resign immediately.

So, lo and behold, surprise of surprises, Mueller has suddenly filed one or more indictments against parties unknown at this time. Perhaps Mueller thought that he better do it now or he might not get a chance. If he rushed, the cases may not be as airtight as we would like.

Also, Congress is calling for a special prosecutor to be appointed to investigate the Clinton email case handling and any surrounding issues.

This next week should be fascinating!

#7676 User is offline   hrothgar 

• Interests:Travel
    Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2017-October-28, 12:30

View Postldrews, on 2017-October-28, 12:03, said:

This has been a helluva week, politically speaking!

The Washington Post confirmed that the infamous “Trump Dossier” research was funded by the DNC and the Clinton campaign, using the legal firm of Perkins and Coie as a cutout conduit to provide deniability. So while no evidence has been produced so far on the Russia/Trump collusion allegations, we all now have actual evidence that there was DNC/Clinton/Russian collusion to influence the outcome of the 2016 election. In the process, several felonies have been committed. Of course all leading Democratic spokespersons are denying any knowledge of such activities. Really? 9 million dollars spent and know one knows about it.

Damn, your stupidity continually amazes me.

1. Yes, research for the Trump Dossier was funded by the Clinton campaign. Campaigns conduct opposition research all the time. How does the fact that the Clinton campaign paid for opposition research constitute a felony?

2. Your account is at best incomplete. The bulk of the research into the Steel dossier was paid for by Republican Never Trumpers prior to the close of the Republican primary. Once Clinton / Trump had secure the nomination, the Clinton campaign paid to get access to the dossier.

3. With the except of the specific Republicans who paid for the original research, all of this has been public knowledge for close to a year and a half. Pray tell, which Democratic spoke people are denying what?

4. The only reason that this smoke screen is being bandied about i to attempt to distract information away from the indictment (or indictments) that Mueller going to be announcing on Monday.

5. As for the Uranium idiocy, the following is a pretty good summary

https://www.lawfareb...ne-hype-and-law
Alderaan delenda est

#7677 User is offline   ldrews 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-October-28, 13:01

View Posthrothgar, on 2017-October-28, 12:30, said:

Damn, your stupidity continually amazes me.

1. Yes, research for the Trump Dossier was funded by the Clinton campaign. Campaigns conduct opposition research all the time. How does the fact that the Clinton campaign paid for opposition research constitute a felony?

2. Your account is at best incomplete. The bulk of the research into the Steel dossier was paid for by Republican Never Trumpers prior to the close of the Republican primary. Once Clinton / Trump had secure the nomination, the Clinton campaign paid to get access to the dossier.

3. With the except of the specific Republicans who paid for the original research, all of this has been public knowledge for close to a year and a half. Pray tell, which Democratic spoke people are denying what?

4. The only reason that this smoke screen is being bandied about i to attempt to distract information away from the indictment (or indictments) that Mueller going to be announcing on Monday.

5. As for the Uranium idiocy, the following is a pretty good summary

https://www.lawfareb...ne-hype-and-law

1. Well apparently it was listed as "legal services" not "opposition research". This apparently violates FEC law. Also, foreign nationals (Christopher Steele, a British person) was paid to conduct research. This is also apparently a felony. Lastly, the primary sources for the dossier were Russian sources. This is not necessarily a felony but does indicate collusion with Russian sources to influence the 2016 election.

2. The Never Trumper funding, Beacon Hill, occurred and ceased before Christopher Steele was contracted with. The DNC/Clinton Campaign apparently picked the funding after Beacon Hill stopped and that was when Christopher Steele was hired. You need to get your timelines straight. DNC/Clinton apparently funded the research that produced the Trump Dossier, it did not exist before their funding arrived.

3. Tom Perez, Debbie Wasserman, some Clinton Campaign spokesman.

4. I am pretty sure that nothing is going to distract from Mueller's indictments. Rather you are using Mueller's indictments to distract from these new developments. Why is that?

5. Well, we will see what develops after the FBI informant testifies before congress, assuming he lives that long. Chuck Grassley, Senate Judiciary Committee Chair is calling for a special prosecutor in this case. And as I pointed out, the Wall Street Journal has called for Mueller's resignation. So apparently there is something there.

Your condescension and partisanship are showing badly. But I expect that from you.

#7678 User is offline   jjbrr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-October-28, 13:15

ldrews, it's time to stop posting, bud.
OK
bed

#7679 User is offline   hrothgar 

• Interests:Travel
    Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2017-October-28, 13:20

View Postldrews, on 2017-October-28, 13:01, said:

1. Well apparently it was listed as "legal services" not "opposition research". This apparently violates FEC law. Also, foreign nationals (Christopher Steele, a British person) was paid to conduct research. This is also apparently a felony. Lastly, the primary sources for the dossier were Russian sources. This is not necessarily a felony but does indicate collusion with Russian sources to influence the 2016 election.

2. The Never Trumper funding, Beacon Hill, occurred and ceased before Christopher Steele was contracted with. The DNC/Clinton Campaign apparently picked the funding after Beacon Hill stopped and that was when Christopher Steele was hired. You need to get your timelines straight. DNC/Clinton apparently funded the research that produced the Trump Dossier, it did not exist before their funding arrived.

3. Tom Perez, Debbie Wasserman, some Clinton Campaign spokesman.

4. I am pretty sure that nothing is going to distract from Mueller's indictments. Rather you are using Mueller's indictments to distract from these new developments. Why is that?

5. Well, we will see what develops after the FBI informant testifies before congress, assuming he lives that long. Chuck Grassley, Senate Judiciary Committee Chair is calling for a special prosecutor in this case. And as I pointed out, the Wall Street Journal has called for Mueller's resignation. So apparently there is something there.

Your condescension and partisanship are showing badly. But I expect that from you.

Suppose that your right...

Fusion GPS did a bunch of research, then later on, Steel was hired to provide additional research?
So what? Who cares? It doesn't change the basic narrative.

I understand that the Wall Street Journal editorial staff has managed to twist their knickers up over this, but I don't see any kind of a felony. Ultimately, that sort of thing gets decided by the courts, not editorial boards.

(You know, those sam courts who are going to be indicting Manafort and/or Flynn on Monday)

FWIW, ou are correct about one a couple things.

1. I am partisan

2. I hold you in near complete contempt. FWIW, if I could push a magic button and it would kill you, I would do so in a heart beat. If I knew that it meant that you would suffer and long painful death than bankrupt your family, I'd do so even quicker... That's how much "value" I place on you and your loved ones.
Alderaan delenda est

#7680 User is offline   ldrews 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-October-28, 13:27

View Posthrothgar, on 2017-October-28, 13:20, said:

FWIW, ou are correct about one a couple things.

1. I am partisan

2. I hold you in near complete contempt. FWIW, if I could push a magic button and it would kill you, I would do so in a heart beat. If I knew that it meant that you would suffer and long painful death than bankrupt your family, I'd do so even quicker... That's how much "value" I place on you and your loved ones.

And I would submit you as the "Poster Child" of the liberal left. You are a fine representative. Keep up the good work!

• 1077 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

45 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 45 guests, 0 anonymous users

1. Google,
  2. Facebook