BBO Discussion Forums: Invitations to TM's - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Invitations to TM's Need an optional setting to allow (default) or disallow invitations to

#1 User is offline   j_with_a_B 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2013-November-20, 17:22

I host usually 2, sometimes more, tourneys nearly every day and one of the most frustrating things is to get an invite to a Team Match while I am hosting. If I am running a macro to the tourney chat or am responding to a call at a table, these annoying popups occur and totally take over until I decline or close them and then go back to what I was trying to do. Usually if I am getting them, I get several and once closed, I have no record of which tourney it was nor who the host is so that I might ask them to stop. I have started to use my main nickname (j_with_a_B) for hosting only, so at no time would I be looking to join a team match under that name.

How wonderful it would be if there were an option much like BRB where a player could mark themselves as unavailable for invitations and be able to toggle it on and off as desired. Several other TD's have commented on this frustration and even a "Yellow" confided in me that it is a frustration and problem. Maybe it would be better that a player selects an option of "Looking for a Team Match to join" to be putting themselves forward as a willing participant. Either way, these invitations can be VERY disruptive and taking time to leave the tourney to find out who is sending them leaves the tourney inappropriately unattended.

John HBG TD j_with_a_B

#2 User is offline   mink 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2013-November-22, 10:51

When you receive such an invitation, you can accept or reject it. But there is a third possibility: Click on enemy! This also rejects the invitation, and ensures that you do not get another invitation by the same player. Maybe this helps a little. Of course, some auto-reject-all-inviations option would be more convenient.

Karl

#3 User is offline   j_with_a_B 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2013-November-22, 12:29

Unfortunately, that third option is not viable for me. That means I would have to know who it is that sent the request. To find that out, I need to leave the tourney I am hosting, find the tourney from which the invitation came, determine who the host is and then put them on the enemies list and then remember to take them off again later if I ever were to want to accept an invitation in the future. Meanwhile, I have left the tourney I am hosting, and would have done so at my peril and that of all who play there.

I am a dinosaur. I have to admit that as a TD, I use both versions of BBO for most tourneys. I create all my tourneys under the shared name of "H B G" but remove that name from the TD list. I log in as that invisibly and use it for many things that that version is so well able to provide. However, the bulk of my dealings with the players is done under my own nickname using the old downloaded version. I assume you are not a regular or experienced TD to ever advocate the blocking of chat from enemies! To do so would be irresponsible. Some people are on my enemies list for fairly minor reasons, and since that is the case, I still must be able to see all they say to me. I use my personal enemies list to track players for many reasons. Those that I do not ever want back in my tourneys I can remember well by name, but also note why I do in my Player's Notes.

I could go on at length as to why I have been unwilling to abandon the old version for TD'ing since some of the features it contains are still not present in the new version. Over the last few years I have commented on this from time to time, and, indeed, many of my criticisms have been acted on and implemented. There are a few outstanding issues that leave me unwilling to abandon something that works so well and become a true believer, totally committed to the new version as a TD. I understand that it is a work in progress, and have marveled at how far it has come since I first used it. As I understand it, some items on my wish list might be impossible for technical reasons. Others, I hope, are just a matter of time and priority. And, I must add, I use it for every tourney that I host!

I have to say that I am much like a mechanic with a job to do. It may mean I need two sets of tools to do it efficiently. (shall I say "Metric" and "Imperial"?) I would be happy to abandon the old version once I could work as well with the new as with the old.

Meanwhile, being interrupted regularly by unwelcome invitations while I am hosting is a frustration that might be easily solved.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users