BBO Discussion Forums: Playing bridge game with generator 46 - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Playing bridge game with generator 46 question

#1 User is offline   lxt08 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2013-August-20, 07:35

N 3H=What mean?
E 3H X=What mean?
S How bid?

#2 User is offline   Endymion77 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:NFL, NBA, poker

Posted 2013-August-20, 08:31

3 = Bid 3NT with a heart stopper (solid suit, obviously diamonds), or 4/5 without (to play or correct)
X = Some sort of heart raise, depends on agreements

South's bid: Show 4 controls whatever your response structure to a jump cue bid is, or 5 if no such option

#3 User is offline   Cyberyeti 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2013-August-20, 15:24

Endymion77, on 2013-August-20, 08:31, said:

3 = Bid 3NT with a heart stopper (solid suit, obviously diamonds), or 4/5 without (to play or correct)
X = Some sort of heart raise, depends on agreements

South's bid: Show 4 controls whatever your response structure to a jump cue bid is, or 5 if no such option

Agree on 3

X is often Hx of hearts, saying I don't want to raise, but I do want you to lead one against 3N of you have a holding full of holes.

Depending on your agreements, I would bid 4 saying that I have some goodies and I'm a bit good for a direct 5m.

#4 User is offline   PhilKing 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-August-20, 17:38

Obvious redouble (or pass, but I think either works. It's nuanced. Redouble edeges it, since it invites game in a minor, which reflects our values.). 3NT may be cold from partner's side opposite stiff queen with even four diamonds failing, so all other considerations will juat have to be patient.

xxx
Q
AKQJxxx
xx

This way dealer!

#5 User is offline   nige1 

• 5-level belongs to me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Poems Computers

Posted 2013-August-28, 17:10

lxt08, on 2013-August-20, 07:35, said:

N 3H=What mean?
E 3H X=What mean?
S How bid?
IMO
  • Partner's Jump cue-bid of 3 shows a strong hand with a good suit. He asks for a stop, in the first instance. He often holds a solid suit with stops in all suits except . eg K Q x A K Q J x x x A T x
  • A useful meaning for the double of the 3 cue-bid is to show a top honour, suggesting a small lead is safe.
  • You should agree with partner how to reply to 3. For example, without the double, you might agree 3 (cheapest bid) = Weak, 3N = stop, 4... = High card features. Your hand is enormous, so you are worth a feature-showing bid.
  • The double gives you extra options. For example, after 3 X, you might agree: Pass = Weak, Redouble = half stop as here (in case partner has a half stop too e.g. doubleton Qx or singleton K), 3N = full stop. Other bids = high card features.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users