BBO Discussion Forums: ACBL protocol for this situation? - BBO Discussion Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ACBL protocol for this situation?

#21 User is offline   gnasher 

• Andy Bowles
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2013-May-10, 11:10

View Postrduran1216, on 2013-May-10, 10:24, said:

On this particular issue, i was more curious about the sequence of steps when the opponent says "i dont know." The explanation by the 3D bidder away from the table was that her partner was new to precision and it was possible she didn't know and the card was marked as a limit raise, so the issue of whether she must verbally set the record straight prior to the lead was my only question.

If the partnership has an understanding about the sequence, she should say so; if not, she shouldn't. If there is a convention card and both partners have agreed to play what was on the card, that constitutes an understanding, regardless of whether they've actually read it. Hence, she should have disclosed what was written on the card .

Do these people play bridge for enjoyment?
... that would still not be conclusive proof, before someone wants to explain that to me as well as if I was a 5 year-old. - gwnn

#22 User is offline   blackshoe 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2013-May-10, 14:29

If she doesn't know, she can't very well verbally set the record straight. That's no reason to pillory her though. Still, her opponents are entitled to a correct explanation of the agreement, and to be awarded an adjusted score if they don't get one and are thereby damaged. B-)

If she's being insulting or obnoxious, that's a different story, and she should be penalized for that and told to stop it.
--------------------
As for tv, screw it. You aren't missing anything. -- Ken Berg
I have come to realise it is futile to expect or hope a regular club game will be run in accordance with the laws. -- Jillybean

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

9 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users