BBO Discussion Forums: gib slams sacrifices and penalty doubles - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

gib slams sacrifices and penalty doubles cant get it right with bots in gib 2/1

#1 User is offline   brucemc 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2012-October-07, 23:15

it has to be me, but consistently i know where i would like to end up and as i get there the robot makes a bid out of nowhere or pumps me up to too high a level
often i can see where i went wrong but equally as often im perplexed . when its the the worst score for the that hand clearly its me...
has anyone some suggestions of how i can best improve this aspect of playing 2/1 in the tournaments .
also could someone please explain for me,the best way to capture and display a the hand for use in questions on the forum
thanks

#2 User is offline   Stephen Tu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2012-October-08, 01:03

It may or may not be you. The robots have plenty of bugs in some sequences. Sometimes you do something reasonable, robots still go nuts. But some of these are player triggered. If everyone is bidding something different than you are, perhaps it is you. Post the actual sequences, in the robot forum if you think the robot went nuts, whether or not you may have made a bad bid (even if you bid wrongly, perhaps the robot also bid wrongly on top of it, and still needs to be fixed). Perhaps you are competing, rebidding your suit one too many times, which is kind of bad in general (often better to bid at once to an appropriate level, then give up and let opps guess), but particularly bad with the bots since they tend to overrate your hand on those type of sequences. Or perhaps you contrive a sequence that theoretically shouldn't exist (you do something inconsistent with showing weakness later), that the bots aren't programmed to handle.

To display the hand, the easiest way is to log into the BBO web client, find the hand in question under My BBO/Hands and results. Go to "export deal", select "handviewer link" and post the URL.

If you want to get fancy and embed a diagram (more work for you, but easier for others to read), you have to open the link in your browser, and copy the parameters from the URL after the '?' into an [ hv] tag.
It would look something like
[ hv=...]400|300[ /hv] without the space after the '[' brackets. The 400|300 controls width/height in pixels.
The ... after the hv= is all the parameters from the URL, something like sn=name&S=SAJHAQ ... or lin=... if going from www.bridgebase.com/myhands

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users