BBO Discussion Forums: offshape weak 1NT and competing with it - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

offshape weak 1NT and competing with it

#1 User is offline   Fluffy 

• World International Master without a clue
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2012-April-08, 06:00

I am curious if playing weak NT you open 1NT with 5422s more or less the same that you open strong NT or if there are different considerations to take. Also 5431 with stiff honnors and 6322s.

Also if do you think I should be more inclined to open 5422s in 1NT if 5 card suit is diamonds, or if it is clubs in a 2 precision context. IE is 2 a good opening in the system you want to make more often? (same goes for 6322 with 6 clubs)

When I open strong 1NT I always compete at the 2 level with 5 card suits if I can and even to the 3 level with 6 card suits, should I change this playing weak NT?

#2 User is offline   dcrc2 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2012-April-08, 06:16

Less often. The main reason to open 5-4-2-2s with a strong NT is to show the extra values; this does not apply to a weak NT. Weak NT players are used to having to bid and rebid a minor with 5 cards.

Playing Precision it's totally different. I'll do anything to avoid opening 2 on 5-4M. With a 6-card suit I expect 2 to turn out better.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users