BBO Discussion Forums: Hand from theGerman Premier League - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hand from theGerman Premier League

#1 User is offline   rhm 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2012-February-14, 05:33

You, red versus white, reach 4 from West after a nondescript sequence with no opposition bidding. (South as dealer passed).
The lead is the T. (If you cover in dummy the queen appears)

How would you plan the play?

Rainer Herrmann

#2 User is offline   benlessard 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:All games. i really mean all of them.

Posted 2012-February-14, 06:49

I would assume south has the A of S (otherwise I dont have a shot) and ruff a club play S to K if it win I ruff a club cash the A of D and exit D discarding 2 spades (if south Ducked is A of S). Playing agaisnt a weak team i might expect to get a T9x leads but not agaisnt a strong team.
From Psych "I mean, Gus and I never see eye-to-eye on work stuff.
For instance, he doesn't like being used as a human shield when we're being shot at.
I happen to think it's a very noble way to meet one's maker, especially for a guy like him.
Bottom line is we never let that difference of opinion interfere with anything."

#3 User is offline   whereagles 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Everything!

Posted 2012-February-14, 08:44

I'd try to setup diamonds. DK, heart to J, ruff D and take it from there.

#4 User is offline   Fluffy 

• World International Master without a clue
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-February-14, 09:03

Diamodns seems like the only hope, I would duck since lead from 109xx is more likelly than a lead from 109. Now Q, playing for Kx onside, or 10x offside is teh same perfectage, but the win comes when south fails to duck Q and provides us with an extra entry to dummy.

if diamonds don´t break we have little recovery, 5, 2, 2, 1 assuming third heart is with diamond lenght.

#5 User is offline   CSGibson 

• Tubthumper
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge, pool, financial crime. New experiences, new people.

Posted 2012-February-14, 15:30

I am going to play small from dummy, then a heart to the jack. If that holds, I like my chances. I'll cash the ace of diamonds, pitching a spade, and seeing if the Q or 9 falls. If the Q falls, I will ruff a heart, play a heart to the ace, and run diamonds pitching a spade and then clubs until someone ruffs in. If the 9 falls, I'll run the J of diamonds, pitching a spade. If neither falls, I'll ruff a diamond low, seeing what happens, and then play a heart to the A, planning on running diamonds if hearts are 3-2, or ruffing out diamonds if short diamonds have long hearts (& they make the mistake of overruffing).

If the jack loses to the K, then I'm in more trouble (aka, I'm not making this without help); I think I need a defensive error, like Qx doubleton, and RHO ruffing in from 3 hearts when I lead the established J.

I haven't really thought this through for 4-1 trump breaks, but in general I think this to be the line with the best chance to make.
Chris Gibson

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users