BBO Discussion Forums: How to defend? - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How to defend? Any defensive signal suggestion when dummy is singleton?

#1 User is offline   twcho 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2011-June-06, 21:34

You tried A lead and dummy turned up with:K AJT82 874 K762
Partner followed with 2. Your agreement is when dummy shows a singleton with the suit led, your partner's card is a suit preference signal. You then continued with 9. Declarer easily made his contract by correctly guessing the trump. The whole hand being:

The only successful defensive line is continuation to punch dummy with . Just wonder what kind of defensive signal can help us to find the successful defense.

#2 User is offline   ggwhiz 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2011-June-06, 21:44

Your signals are fine and mainstream but partners play of the 2 dropped the ball, especially if you had Ax(x) of .

Better to play a middling spade, perhaps lowish which is not just a demand for a continuation but in context can just say you are on your own. Nobody gets this defence right all the time but the play at trick one gave you no chance.
When a deaf person goes to court is it still called a hearing?
What is baby oil made of?

#3 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2011-June-06, 21:46

View Posttwcho, on 2011-June-06, 21:34, said:

The only successful defensive line is continuation to punch dummy with . Just wonder what kind of defensive signal can help us to find the successful defense.

There aint no such a signal. You have to use your logic for that kind of defense, not that you can find the "punch the dummy" defense by logic here, i am speaking in general. There is nothing wrong with this board to be discussed about defense imo. Another hand u play to punch dummy and pd turns out with KQ and they make because u were late to play before was established.

Call it unlucky, but if u and your pd sit down and try to make signals for this situation, i am sure u will be screwed up in most other hands. Just use your logic and dont try to make signal agreements that covers everything, it doesnt exist.
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#4 User is offline   twcho 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2011-June-06, 21:56

Thanks for the advices. Yes, there is no signalling system that can cover all kind of situation. Just pick the one that both partners feel comfortable.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users