Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Law 31

#1 User is offline   Ethel 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2010-June-12, 06:31

West is the dealer. East opens 1. Your ruling please, A: if South passes; B: if South does not accept the bid.
My understanding is: A: Life goes on as normal - no problems
B: West must pass as his turn to call (this includes his opening bid) West is subject to Lead restrictions if he is defending

If East is able to bid 1 again,( or some number of spades) is West still subject to lead restrictions?
Thank you.
;)

#2 User is offline   pran 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2010-June-12, 07:03

Ethel, on Jun 12 2010, 01:31 PM, said:

West is the dealer.  East opens 1.  Your ruling please, A: if South passes; B: if South does not accept the bid.
My understanding is:  A:  Life goes on as normal - no problems
                                B:  West must pass as his turn to call (this includes his opening bid) West is subject to Lead restrictions if he is defending

If East is able to bid 1 again,( or some number of spades)  is West still subject to lead restrictions?
Thank you.
;)

A: Yes, a call by the offender's LHO implies that he accepts the bid out of turn and the auction continues as if there was no irregularity. The bid out of turn becomes legal (unless it was illegal under Law 35).

B: Yes, if the offender's LHO does not accept the bid out of turn then offender's partner must pass during the rest of the auction, including his opening bid.

No lead restrictions will apply to offender's partner for such suits indicated by the insufficient bid that the offender shows again later in the auction.

#3 User is offline   Ethel 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2010-June-12, 07:24

Thank you very much - Nice to know that one has made the correct call even if others do not think so. I appreciate the prompt reply.
;)

#4 User is offline   pran 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2010-June-12, 15:20

Ethel, on Jun 12 2010, 02:24 PM, said:

Thank you very much - Nice to know that one has made the correct call even if others do not think so. I appreciate the prompt reply.
:blink:

You're welcome!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users